Information Rights Management is a form of IT security technology used to protect documents from unauthorized access. In this video, learn how to configure SharePoint to work with IRM.
- [Instructor] All right, so let's talk briefly here … about using information rights management with SharePoint. … First, let me just quickly show you where you go … to configure the SharePoint side of things. … Here in central administration, … all the way over on the left, … under central administration you'll see … we have a section called security … and if I click on security, … down at the bottom we have information policy … where we have configure information rights management … and configure the information management policy, … okay, so these are the two things we can do … to have SharePoint work with a rights management server. … So first, let's click … on configure information rights management. … Now here, couple things real fast. … Let me just clarify … in case you've never actually taken a course … on rights management. … I will tell you, … you'll need to, okay because there's a lot more … to configure than what I'm going to show you here. … What I'm showing you here is very basic how to connect …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.