Having a good disaster recovery mechanism in place will help you to restore functionality in the event of a failure or loss of data. In this video, learn about disaster recovery in SharePoint.
- [Narrator] Disaster recovery is defined … as the ability to recover from a situation … in which the primary data center that hosts … a SharePoint server farm is unable to continue to operate. … An effective disaster recovery strategy … for a SharePoint server farm must be sufficient … to meet your organization's business requirements, … which are typically expressed by using two measures. … One is the recovery time objective or RTO … and the other is the recovery point objective or RPO. … RTO and RPO requirements are derived … by determining the downtime costs … to the organization if a disaster happens. … Downtime costs vary significantly between … and within industries, … especially due to the different effects of downtime. … Business size is the most obvious factor, … however, it's not the only one. … Setting a measure means establishing the nature … and implications of the failure. … Reduced to its simplest level, … a failure of a critical application … could lead to the following types of losses: …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.