Take a closer look at permission inheritance in SharePoint. Examine the concept of sites and objects inheriting permissions from their parent.
- [Instructor] Everything in SharePoint,…sites, lists and libraries, folders and documents,…inherit permissions from their parent,…unless you stop that inheritance.…When you create a subsite, you're given…the option to inherit permissions from the parent site…or create your own unique permissions.…In this movie we're gonna go ahead…and examine SharePoint permission inheritance.…We're here in our Marketing Team Site.…The Marketing Team Site has one subsite.…In fact, if you look down here in the lower left,…under subsites, you'll see it is the Marketing Blog.…
Now, we're gonna go take a look at the Marketing Blog.…The Marketing Blog inherits its permissions…from the parent site.…So, let's take a look.…We're gonna go to Site Settings, inside Permissions.…And you see here, this website inherits permissions…from its parent, Marketing Team Site.…And you see the permission groups that are in use.…Marketing Team Site Members, Owners and Visitors.…So everybody who is a member of one of these groups…for the Marketing Team Site, also has…
- Examine the site collection hierarchy.
- Identify the fundamental components of different team sites.
- Recognize the essential elements of permission inheritance.
- Explain the different permission levels.
- Identify the essential steps to take when adding apps.
- Determine the fundamental steps to use when putting together a document library.
- Recall the task settings used when managing a Team Site.
- Recognize how to enable checking out a document in both the Modern and Classic experience.
- Identify how to change column order in both the Modern and Classic experience.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.