SharePoint permission groups make managing permissions easier. In this video, take a closer at the default permission groups in SharePoint.
- [Instructor] There are 33 different permissions…that can be assigned to users in SharePoint.…Now if you had to figure out which of those permissions…were needed for each and every user,…then assign them, and then manage all of them,…your job would be never ending.…Fortunately, permission groups make that task much easier.…Let's take a look.…We're here on our Landon Hotel Lobby,…this is a classic experience site,…and it is part of a standard site collection,…a traditional site collection.…We're gonna go and look at the permission groups.…We're gonna click on our settings gear,…go down to Site settings, and here underneath…Users and Permissions, you will see People and groups.…
We're gonna click there.…We see the different groups here on the left,…but when we click on More here at the bottom,…we will see all of our permission groups.…Now these first three, well actually these first four,…All Users, that's a Windows group, it's a system group.…Everyone, everyone is another Windows group…that's been predefined.…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.