- [Instructor] The very first version of SharePoint…which was called Team Sites was really only good…at a couple of things.…You could create websites and lists,…and then you could create and share documents.…But you could share those documents…in a central location without needing…to attach them to email.…And for many of us, that document sharing feature…was a good enough reason to start working with Team Sites.…Document sharing solved a problem…that many businesses face then,…and many still face today, which is having too many…attachments emailed to too many people.…
Now, sometimes people focus on,…you don't want to do that, because it takes up…too much space on your email server.…But that's not the real problem.…The real problem is that attaching documents to email…creates copies, and those copies make it hard…to know what copy of the document is the current version.…What we would call the one source of truth.…A quick example.…I have this document, the employee handbook…text document, right here.…And if this was stored on a network share,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.