Learn about how to browse to a file, or use "Find a file" to search a library. Use the Search box to search multiple site libraries. Click a file's Menu button to display a preview. Click the preview or file hyperlink to open the file. Edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents with the Office Online apps and/or desktop versions of the products. Files created in other applications—such as Access—can be stored in document libraries and edited on the desktop.
- [Instructor] Microsoft's original imagining of Sharepoint…was a mechanism for being able to store and collaborate…on documents.…That's where we go next.…Documents are stored in libraries, remember that…we can search an entire site to be able to…find a document, and that search box is useful…if you have multiple document libraries on a site,…which is a possibility.…If you only have one, you can use the find a file…box to find a particular document that you're looking at.…Remember that any time you're viewing a list…or a library as part of a page, you may not be…seeing all the documents.…
It might be showing you 10 documents or most current…documents.…If you're looking then for a file and you use the…find a file box, it will find all of the documents,…and it's searching the entire library even if…those files aren't all shown here.…To open a file, we have some choices.…First, I can click the menu button to display the preview.…From here, if I wish to edit this document,…I can simply click and take this full screen,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.