In this video, learn how to open and edit an Office document in SharePoint 2019. SharePoint 2019 uses Office Online to display and edit Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents. In a library or list of documents, click once on a document's title to display a preview of the document in Office Online, where you can view, share, and print the document. Click the Edit command to open the online editor for the document or choose to open the document in the appropriate Office desktop application. No matter where you edit, the document will be synchronized and saved back to SharePoint.
- [Instructor] While many different organizations…use SharePoint for many different reasons,…almost every organization that uses SharePoint…uses it to be able to store and edit…and collaborate on documents.…We're going to go to the Documents library…of the KinetEco team site so that I can show you…how we open and edit documents…that already exist in SharePoint libraries.…In my document library, I have a grid…that's a lot like a table…that I would find in Microsoft Excel…and I can sort and in some columns filter…the information here.…
the information here.…I can sort, for example, A to Z or Z to A.…If I go to the Modified column,…I can sort it in older to newer and newer to older order…but I can also filter by a particular date,…I can group by when they were modified,…and I can sort and filter based on…who modified a particular document.…To open a document,…let's begin with this PowerPoint, EmployeeOrientation.…
I can point.…It's clear then that the title is a hyperlink I can click…and if I click on the hyperlink of…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.