Join CA Callahan for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SharePoint 2016: Installation and Configuration.
- [Instructor] Now that you've seen…a SharePoint installation,…where do you go from here?…One of the best resources for SharePoint information…is the product page on TechNet.…That's where you can find…the official product documentation.…As well as the latest updates and important other…information for keeping your installation healthy.…I also recommend the book Deploying SharePoint 2016…by Vlad Catrinescu and Trevor Seward.…It's a great resource.…Additionally, I also recommend SharePoint Saturdays.…
These are essentially free one day conferences…that focus on teaching SharePoint…and host speakers with a wealth of experience.…These are regional events that connect…various users throughout the world,…allowing them to exchange knowledge, best practices,…and meet their fellow admins.…To find one, head over to spsevents.org.…Finally, you can learn about different…SharePoint topics here in the library.…Thanks very much for taking my course.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.