Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Lists.
- [Gini] We've come to the end of this course on techniques…for mitigating issues with large lists in SharePoint.…But there is more that you can learn…about the topics that we've raised here.…First, if you'd like to know more about how to create views,…to take a deeper dive into our work with creating…and modifying views, then I would recommend either…SharePoint Online Essential Training, or if you're using…the On-Premises version, SharePoint 2016 Essential Training.…Both of which have significant coverage of how to work…with different types of use, including dynamic views.…
You will also find information on Integration Touchpoints…with Access and with Excel, in these two courses.…If you find yourself intrigued by the idea of using…Access Web Apps, as an end run of sort…around the list view thresholds, then I would recommend…Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.…That's the current version of this course,…and if you're working in SharePoint Online,…or SharePoint 2016, that'll work just fine for you,…
- Determine appropriate strategies for managing large lists and libraries.
- Explain the benefits of using date-based dynamic filters.
- Name the best option for creating flat views.
- Recognize the threshold for coauthoring in Word.
- Define boundaries, thresholds, and supported limits.