Join William Joseph for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Document Retention and Data Management.
- Well thanks for watching my course.…I hope you enjoyed it.…If you'd like to learn more about document management.…there's a number of different lynda.com courses…I can recommend.…The first of these is Managing Records in SharePoint…with Toni Saddler-French.…This is a course that will give you a good introduction…to Microsoft's SharePoint program…and the power that it has…to easily get into electronic document management.…The second one is…Managing Documents with SharePoint 2013…with Mark Abdelnour.…
This video talks about the onsite SharePoint program…and again gives you a good introduction to the power…that that program has to take you…into the world of electronic data management.…Finally, there's the SharePoint Online Essential Training…course with Gini Courter.…This is the Cloud-Based version…of the previous course that I mentioned.…Also, talking about SharePoint solutions…for electronic data management.…Well again, thanks for listening to the course.…
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did…and I look forward to talking to you again…
- The golden rules of document and data retention
- Preserving knowledge, relationships, and achievements through documentation
- Federal and state requirements for retention
- Guidelines for tax records, contracts, and other documents
- Building a new policy
- Storage systems and tools to consider
By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a plan that satisfies all the requirements and also protects your company's proprietary information.
- Define document retention.
- Break down the golden rules of document management.
- Evaluate what types of documents need to be retained.
- Identify the legal requirements of document retention.
- Determine a good document retention policy.
- Distinguish an effective document retention policy.