Navigate in SharePoint 2016; use the quick launch or left navigation for lists and apps within a site, and the top navigation to switch from one site to another. Familiarize yourself with the tabs for the ribbon, which appear at the top of the page, just below the app launcher (the waffle). Learn about the Share, Follow, Edit, and Focus on Content (full screen) commands, which appear at the top right, below the Settings, Help, and User commands.
- [Narrator] Most SharePoint Sites are similar…in their design…and our Sites have commands that help us move around…in the site, help us navigate.…Let's see how we navigate in this standard SharePoint site.…This is what a site looks like pretty much out of the box.…I've added some documents in the documents library…in the lower right-hand corner,…but other than that this what this site looks like…when I created it a little more than an hour ago.…On the left-hand side we have an area…that's called the Quick Launch.…It has Home, Notebook, Documents, and so on.…
This area is used typically for navigation…within the site, that's what it's designed for.…So the Notebook is in this site.…The Documents link us to the Documents library…that we see in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.…Recent would show us documents from this site…that we have recently used.…You'll sometimes hear this quick launch referred to…as left navigation or site navigation.…It's called a Quick Launch because…in earlier versions of SharePoint…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.