The SharePoint Health Analyzer helps you to monitor your SharePoint farm and quickly be made aware of potential failures. In this video, learn how to configure the Health Analyzer rules.
- [Instructor] SharePoint includes a nifty little tool, … which will help you to make sure … that your SharePoint servers, your SharePoint farms … are maintaining the condition that we need them to be in, … for our users to access them. … So to access the Health Analyzer, … you'll notice under Central Administration, … on the left hand side, there is a Monitoring option. … So I'm going to click on, Monitoring, … and then here inside the Monitoring section, … you'll see here that we have our Health Analyzer … where we can review problems and solutions. … But we're going to come back to that in a minute. … Let's review the rule definitions, right? … This is where we would go to configure the Health Analyzer. … All right, so let's click on that now. … Here, you will see that we have … a number of these definitions … that explain things that we are going to monitor. … Okay, so under Security, for instance, … "Accounts used by application pools or service identities … "are in the local machine, Administrators group." …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.