Discover how to create views with the [Me] filter that allows users to see items that are relevant only to them.
- [Instructor] You may want to create views…that use the Me filter.…That way, when your users log in,…it does show things that are related just to them.…Let's go work with the Me filter.…So inside my issues list I want to create a view…that will allow my users to see…all of the list items that were created by them.…Okay.…So I'll go to List,…I'm going to create a view,…I'll do a standard view,…okay, and this is going to be called issues…created…by me.…
It's not my default view…but it is a public view.…Okay, I'm going to show all my standard fields.…Okay I'm going to go ahead and add my created by…in my created fields.…I don't need any sort options at this point…so I'm going to go ahead and minimize that.…I'm going to set the filter,…I'll choose created by…is equal to,…and then I'll type my bracket…me…and then close my bracket.…
This will filter the list…for any issues that were created by that person.…Alright, go ahead and click OK.…And now we have a view called Issues Created By Me.…So if I'm another user and I log in…it's going to show this list for just what I've created.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.