Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing documents and records, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
There's a few words that get used so much in SharePoint that when you hear…them you have to pause for a minute and think, what exactly are we talking about here?…Publishing is one of those words.…There's the Publishing feature, Publishing Portal, publishing site, and document…is another one of those words.…We have documents in SharePoint.…We have document libraries, Document Workspaces, document sets.…There's something called a Document Center, and the idea of document management.…Now, surely, we've been doing this already.…
I mean, if we have versioning turned on and check-in/checkout required and…workflow, surely we're doing some kind of document management.…Of course, yes, we are, but we can take it even deeper than that.…First, we can describe the kinds of documents that we have, so that instead of…working with a generic document, we work with a resume or a software…specification or a business plan.…To know what type of content that we have is called a content type.…If you work with structured groups of records, say you need to group together…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.