Learn how to manage a group of sites as a SharePoint site owner. Discover how to adjust permissions, create lists and libraries, and more.
- [Instructor] Being a site owner in SharePoint comes with a lot of responsibility. Sometimes it's not easy to make sense of all the complex management involved. In this course I want to share with you some tips on how to be an effective site owner and help with common tasks like creating lists and libraries, adding columns, working with versioning, checking documents out, working with views, and creating sub-sites. I'll also help you to understand the complexities of SharePoint permission levels, permission groups, and permission inheritance.
We'll also explore the ever-confusing differences between classic experience SharePoint sites and apps and the new modern experience SharePoint. SharePoint is a great tool and when used properly, it can help you and your team share and collaborate effectively so that you can be more productive. I'm Bill Kulterman and I'll be your instructor. I'm a Microsoft Certified Trainer with over 10 years of experience teaching Microsoft products. Being a SharePoint site owner is an important role, but it doesn't have to be a frightening one.
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.