Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
An ideal primer for those new to SharePoint, this course demonstrates how to use the platform to accomplish your daily tasks.
- Uploading files
- Organizing your document library
- Editing documents
- Tracking document changes and version history
- Emailing links to documents
- Setting alerts
- Working in the Explorer and Datasheet views
- Exploring navigation hierarchies and key filters
- Creating personal views
- Getting the most out of document workspaces
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Mark Abdelnour, and welcome to Managing Documents with SharePoint 2010. This course is focused on the end user in an organization, who is new to SharePoint, and whose job involves document management. I'll begin by discussing what is SharePoint, and how to access it, and how to navigate within the site. Next, we'll look at the different ways of uploading files to document libraries, specifically, single versus multiple file uploads. Then we'll look at document management and collaboration tools, and we'll also look at e-mailing links to documents, setting alerts, and taking advantage of file version history.
We'll examine views, also known as custom visual representations of your SharePoint data. Finally, we'll look at document workspaces, where colleagues can work together on a document and utilize several workspace elements to help them work more collaboratively. Get ready to dive into Managing Documents with SharePoint 2010.