In this video, watch Bill manage and create a relationship between data tables.
- [Instructor] All right, we're here in our Power BI Desktop…and we are going to, in this video,…manage relationships between tables.…We have two tables of data that we have brought in.…One is from our SharePoint list,…and one is from a SharePoint folder, a library.…And if you don't know how we got there,…go ahead and make sure you watch those two videos…so you can be on the same page that we are here.…Now in order for us to add revenue information to this map,…we need to go ahead and make sure…that these two tables relate to each other.…
And we do that over here on the Relationship pane.…We see our Relationship window,…we have our two tables represented,…but we can tell that they do not relate to each other…because there's no arrow between them.…If they were connected, we would see an arrow…in between them.…Now the thing that connects these two tables,…the thing that we will use as our key,…so that we can use the revenue and apply it to our map,…will be the Hotel ID field.…
And when we look over here at the Hotel ID table,…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.