Learn how to apply themes and logos to a SharePoint team site.
- [Instructor] I often see that most SharePoint sites are styles completely out of the box and that they all look the same, like a blank canvas. They could certainly do with a splash of color. Each site collection can be given a design that matches the enterprise's brand and personality, and it's easy to apply one of the main pre-installed site designs to a site. You can select one of the pre-installed SharePoint themes and apply all of the settings or just the components that you want to customize. For example, you can amend many sections of a theme, including the site color scheme, menu colors and menu navigation, page colors, changes to the ribbon, add a company logo, and change the footer and address fields.
Let's drop onto our demo site and see SharePoint Online themes in action. I've signed into my Office 365 as a global admin or SharePoint admin. I'll then click the SharePoint tile and choose a site that I wish to apply a theme. I'll select my LA Marketing Plan. In the cog on the right hand side, I'll select Change the look. I can see many themes that I can apply to my website. Let's scroll down. I like the Immerse theme. I'll select it.
And then SharePoint takes me to an area where I can modify or remove the background image and change the accent color. I can change the site layout and even change the fonts. And if I change something, such as delete the background, and I need to revert, I can click the Start over link on the left hand side. Once I've made my amendments or left the theme intact, I can click Try it out to preview the site. SharePoint then takes a minute to configure my site in a preview mode, and this is offered to you.
On the top right hand side, you have two options. You can return to the customization screen or accept the changes. If you accept the changes, the site theme is implemented. If you make a mistake and want to revert to the original theme, repeat the exercise and choose the Office theme. Let's return to the Site Settings. We can see there are other settings under the Look and Feel section. Let's choose the title, description, and logo. Here you can modify the title, change your corporate logo, and add a description to your site.
The quick launch and top link bar allow you to customize the navigation links, and the navigation elements allow you to show or hide the navigation elements, such as the quick launch, which can help navigate in the site. If we click the Snow Cakes Launch page and then the cog and the Change the look, we can change just the color scheme for the site. I'll select the purple color and click Save. In this way, we can modify the accent color and not the overall theme.
- SharePoint Online team sites
- Creating a SharePoint Online site collection
- Configuring external sharing for a site collection
- Managing SharePoint Online social collaboration and themes
- Managing SharePoint Online storage limits
- Connecting to a remote computer using Fetch
- Managing files using OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
- Skype for Business Online