Discover how to make your Access database into a download for new users.
- [Instructor] Now that you've made…your database interactive with SharePoint…and all the other files like Excel,…there's no reason why you can't make…that database file downloadable…through your SharePoint site.…Let's go take a look.…Let's go ahead and close our Access database.…And then in our SharePoint site…we want to actually load it into documents.…So again there's several different ways to upload files…but we'll go ahead and choose upload,…we'll browse to where we're saving our development file…and then we'll upload it.…
This is the first new version.…And again because this file keeps multiple versions…anytime we make a change to the database…we can just re-upload it.…All right, we'll go ahead and click OK.…Now when you have a new user come into your organization…they'll have access to the SharePoint site…based on their permissions…and then they'll have the availability…to download the issue tracking database.…Whereas before they would have to maybe log in…through VPN to access it.…Now I see it here clearly in documents,…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.