In this video, see how a modern SharePoint list can be grouped, sorted, filtered, and saved as views we can apply whenever we want.
- [Instructor] We're here in our Vendors list,…it is a modern experience SharePoint list.…And in our SharePoint lists,…we have the ability to change the way we view this data.…We can sort, we can group, we can filter,…and we can save it as views…so that we can go back to those views whenever we want…and that's what we're gonna do in this movie.…Let's go ahead and let's click here.…You see All Items?…When I hover over it, it shows View options,…that little tool tip.…When we click on it, it says All Items,…that's the only view that we have right now,…that is the default view,…but when you look below it, you'll see it says Save view as.…
That's because we have the ability to save these views…and that, like I said, is what we're gonna do.…Let's go ahead and let's create a view now.…We're gonna start by grouping,…let's see, what would be a good thing to group by?…Let's group by State.…You'll see here, when I hover over the word State,…I've got this sort of gray box.…If I click anywhere in there, I get this little menu…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.