Explore the various settings available in a list app.
- We're here in our newly created Marketing Team Site list,…and we want to go ahead and take a look…at the List Settings,…things that we can go ahead and do to affect this list.…To get to the List Settings,…we go up here to the upper right corner.…You'll see that we have a little Settings gear.…We click on that,…and right about half-way down,…we see List Settings,…And when we click there,…it opens up on Settings for this list.…And there's a number of things in here…and we're just going to take a look at a few of them.…
First one we're going to look at…List name description and navigation.…When we click there,…we see that we can change the name of our list,…we can change the description.…But the thing I do want to show you here that's…really important is Display this list on the Quick Launch.…If we look over here at our Quick Launch right now,…we don't see our list listed there.…So, we're going to click on Yes,…and Save,…and now there is our Landon Hotels list.…Very simple to go ahead and add that.…Versioning settings we're going to talk about…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.