Learn how to link your data via SharePoint lists to Excel. Learn how to refresh your data in Excel.
- Since Excel's initial release in 1987,…people have been using it for reporting.…And now that we have our data in SharePoint…we can have some real-time Excel reports…linked to our Access database and our SharePoint Online.…Let's take a look.…Now as people enter issues into the Access database…they're carried over to SharePoint Online in the issues list…So we want to actually put that issue's list…as a live link into an Excel document.…Let's start by going to active issues.…So when I choose active issues, if I go export…it's going to only export my active issues.…
When I report I actually want to report on all issues.…So I'll go ahead and choose my default view of all issues.…And then up top I'll go to the list tab,…and I'll choose export to Excel.…Because I'm using Microsoft Edge and not Internet Explorer,…it's going to tell me that I need a Microsoft compatible list.…So I'm going to go ahead and choose export to Excel.…I'll go ahead and click okay.…And at the bottom it's asking me…what do I want to do with this query.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.