Learn how to link a SharePoint list into a Access database and work with it like any local table.
- [Instructor] It's super simple to import SharePoint lists…into Access databases.…Let's take a look.…It would be great if we could take this locations list…and put it into our Access database.…It's so easy to link them.…Let's do that.…The very first thing I'm going to do…is copy my SharePoint link up here,…'cause I'll need that to point to the SharePoint site.…Go ahead and highlight that.…Choose copy.…Minimize that.…I'll go ahead and close my customer form,…close my customer table.…
All right, I'll go to external data,…go to my new data source,…I'll grab from online services,…and I'll choose SharePoint list.…I'll go ahead and copy in...my SharePoint site.…I'm going to link to that data,…choose next,…I'll check my locations, and then I'll click okay.…Now, underneath my tables, I have a new linked table.…
I'll go ahead and double-click,…and then I see my two locations…that I just entered in, on my SharePoint site.…Because it's a link,…there's interaction between both my Access database…and my SharePoint site.…Let's go ahead and add another office.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.