Modern SharePoint libraries can present data in different ways by letting you sort, filter and group items, and save them as views you can apply whenever you want. In this video, instructor Bill shows how to do just that.
- [Instructor] We're here in our document library.…It is a modern experience document library here…in SharePoint, and we have the ability in a document library…to go ahead and change the way we view these documents,…the way they're presented to us here in the library,…by creating views, and that's what we're gonna do.…Let's go up here to the upper right corner.…You see the All Documents button,…and when I hover over it, it says View options.…This is going to allow us to change the way we look…at these documents.…You'll see that we have three styles, three presentations.…
We have the List view, which is what we're using by default.…We can change that style to the Compact list,…and the Compact List tightens everything up.…It reduces the space between the rows…and between the columns.…It's great if you have a lot of items…in your document library.…We can also go and change it to Tiles.…Now, I like Tiles because it gives me a little preview…of the different documents,…and we can always go back simply to our List view.…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.