SharePoint Server can use the workflow service built on the Windows Workflow Foundation. This service is called the Workflow Manager. In this video, learn how to install the Workflow Manager.
- [Instructor] So let's take a look at how we can get … workflows functioning with SharePoint. … Now, before I show you how to install everything … that's needed to make workflows work, … I'm going to take you somewhere to show you … that it's not currently configured. … So here we're just looking at our Classic Teams Site, … and I'm going to go up to the gear icon in the upper right, … and I'm going to select Site settings. … Here in the Site Settings, … if I scroll down a little bit under Site Administration, … you'll see here there's Workflow settings. … So I'm going to click on that. … And this is where we can easily see … there are no workflows associated with this site. … There's just nothing here. … So now, let's take a look at what we need to do … to get workflow capabilities. … The first thing I'm going to do is I'm going to open up a new tab. … And I'm just going to open up a search engine here. … I'll just go to Google. … And I'm going to type in "microsoft web platform," …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.