A SharePoint farm is a collection of servers that work in concert to provide basic SharePoint services to support a single site. In this video, learn how to install a single server farm.
- [Instructor] Now that SharePoint has been installed, … it's time to start configuring. … So what I'm going to do … is I am going to click on the Start menu … and start typing in the word SharePoint. … And the tool I want to look for … is the SharePoint 2019 Products Configuration Wizard. … So I'll click on that. … And you'll see here I get a welcome screen. … And basically, it's telling you in order to do this, … you're going to have to have access … to a database server. … Okay, so as I had mentioned, … when we were installing SharePoint, … you have to have SQL Server running, … of which I already do have it running here. … So you have to have the name of the server, … and you have to have the username and password … of somebody who has access to that database. … So I'll go ahead and click on Next. … And I get a warning … saying that certain services may have to be started … or reset as part of this process. … And I'm going to say okay, … I'm perfectly okay with that, … so I'll click Yes. (clicks) …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.