When more than one SharePoint server is required, visibility across the farm is important. Learn how to install and configure a MinRole search server to query across a multi-server setup.
- [Instructor] I've mentioned earlier…that I was going to install SharePoint on a second server…so you can see what it's like…to add other servers to the farm.…I ran the prerequisite installer and setup.exe offscreen,…because you've already seen that once,…to be up to the point that's different…for installing additional servers,…the Products Configuration Wizard.…However, if you want to follow along,…you need to stop, go to your second server,…and do those prerequisite installer…and setup.exe steps to get to this point…before continuing this video.…
On the second server,…I'm up to the Products Configuration Wizard.…I'm at the point where it could start…immediately after we did the installation.…For this second server, I wanted to demonstrate…what happens if we actually close that screen.…Say that you come back to the server after doing other…work on it, and you want to start the Configuration Wizard.…We mentioned it before, and now I'm going to show you.…All you need to do is type products…and start the wizard.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection