Many times, you need a calculated value to support your logic, but the value should not be shown to the person using the form because it would be confusing or distracting. Here's how you hide a value in a way that doesn't prevent other form controls from
- [Instructor] A hidden calculated value in Office 365…is our workaround for the fact that there are…no form variables available,…at the time of this recording,…in this version.…Form variables are only available in the on-prem version,…so a hidden value is how we're going to kind of cheat…and hold some list data,…or the results of a calculated value, for example,…so that we can reuse it in other controls in the form.…This is really exciting,…and it's a workaround we found online…using the Nintex community.…
So the first thing I want to clear up…is this whole concept of the visible, invisible, right?…So, if I come down into the Properties…and I go into Appearance,…I can't just uncheck visible here…to hide this field,…and here's why.…Because I wouldn't just be hiding it from the user,…I'm hiding it from the form,…which means that no form controls can see it either.…That's not what I want!…I want the form to be able to see it,…but I don't want the users to be able to see it.…And you are going to laugh…when you see how simple this really is.…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.