Since optimizing the hardware and network are important for performance, making the correct decision is key. Learn more about what SharePoint requires to run smoothly.
- [Instructor] In order for SharePoint…to even be able to install a Windows Server,…certain prerequisites must be met.…SharePoint has to be installed…on a full Windows Server installation…with the graphic user interface.…And it can be installed…on either Server 2012 R2 or Server 2016.…If you're going to be using Server 2016,…be sure to install it with the desktop user experience…in order to get the graphic user interface.…For this course, we'll be using Server 2016.…
Because SharePoint depends…on the Windows Server operating system,…it's always good to review what the OS requires…in terms of hardware.…It gives you a starting point…for planning your installations.…SharePoint runs perfectly fine…on the standard version of Server 2016.…You don't necessarily need the data center version,…it's simply the version I am using for this course.…Although SharePoint takes the operating system requirements…into consideration in its own specifications,…it's good to know that Server 2016 requires,…in terms of the processor, 1.4 gigahertz, 64 bit.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection