Join Robert Bogue for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting large amounts of data from SharePoint, part of Developing SharePoint Full Trust Solutions for SharePoint 2013.
- We've seen how to do Queries and learned how they work,…but what happens when we want to Query…a large amount of data?…SharePoint will block any Query exceeding 5000 rows.…By default it's changeable,…and that could be a problem if we want to do reporting…or any kind of system function,…so let's take a look at how to get around that limitation.…We're back in our Example Files Chapter Three,…Clients and Data, Clients and Data Solution.…This time we're going to go to the project…for Content Iterator Ex and…this is a command line program and therefore…we're going to go to Program,…and in program we check our arguments,…we get our list.…
Now we've got a slightly different structure.…Because we're not in the context of the web,…we have to create our own web object to use,…so rather than using spcontext.current,…we're going to new up a site with our URL,…we're going to then new a web object,…and this is going to be site.Openweb with no parameters.…It'll default to the one that we passed in earlier.…We get our server relative path,…
If you've wanted to learn how to develop custom solutions on SharePoint—or you've been told that you need to develop a solution that integrates with SharePoint—this is the training you need. It's quick, to the point, and effective at helping new developers work with SharePoint code.
Robert Bogue shows how to create new web parts, access and update data in SharePoint, work with files, and create SharePoint artifacts: lists and libraries to store data, site-level features, files, etc. He also shows how to create sandbox solutions that do not affect the rest of the server environment, and discusses execution options for solutions, including in-page, quasi-page, and out-of-page execution.
- Developing a web part
- Connecting and configuring web parts
- Building sandboxed code
- Choosing an access method for SharePoint data
- Querying with CAML
- Fetching files
- Updating SharePoint data
- Creating and provisioning artifacts
- Executing long-running operations
- Tinkering with timer jobs
- Understanding SharePoint execution workflow