The external content type is a core concept of Business Connectivity Services (BCS). In this video, learn how to configure SharePoint to use external content.
- [Instructor] So, now we need to talk … a little bit about external content … within our SharePoint sites, … and I'm going to show you the basic direction … of where we go to access this external content using BCS, … but want you to know that the actual process … of creating the external content is … something separate altogether, okay? … So you may have somebody else creating … the external content for you, … or you may be the external content creator as well, … but then that is something that you would need to learn. … There are different tools you can use. … SharePoint Designer happens to be one of them. … So anyway, real quick here, … on my screen we're looking at my classic teams site … that we had created, … and I want to tell you, … there is something that I have done … that I didn't show you specifically in any video, … and that is that I created a task list, … just so that I would be able to use it in this demo. … If you want to do this also, … all you have to do is just click on the box …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.