Migrating to a new productivity suite can be worrisome. In this video, Bill will discuss some of the most common concerns when switching to Office 365, and explain the things you do not need to be worried about.
- [Instructor] Migrating to a new suite of tools doesn't have to be stressful. Let's explore some of the most common concerns you might have when migrating to SharePoint. The most common question I get when it comes to migrating from one system to another is, am I going to lose my files? No, you're not. That's why I'm here to help. Now it's always a good idea to back up your important files and the good news is with G Suite you already have a Cloud copy of everything. And if you've turned on syncing you'll have a local copy on your computer.
An important thing to remember is keep all of your files until you know that they are all in your OneDrive. Another question I get is, will my files look different? Formatting changes within files is a possibility but we will look at ways to mitigate this and keep these format changes to a minimum. Again, that's why I'm here. Microsoft apps are very flexible and can usual handle native Google files.
Another question I typically get, how do I find my stuff on the new SharePoint interface? We'll migrate files from GoogleDrive to SharePoint together one step at a time. While these are common questions I hear you may have questions that I haven't addressed. If that's the case I suggest talking to your SharePoint administrator. Collaboration and communication are important when migrating to SharePoint.
- Using OneDrive
- Understanding SharePoint
- Exploring issues when migrating
- Exploring Microsoft apps
- Sharing considerations
- Converting documents and spreadsheets
- Addressing formula concerns
- Converting Google slides to PowerPoint
- Moving files individually and in bulk
- Moving files to SharePoint