In this video, examine the modern experience SharePoint team site and see everything it has to offer.
- While the modern-experience SharePoint team site…has many of the same elements…as the classic-experience team site,…it has several new and useful features,…and it looks and works better on a mobile device.…So let's go ahead now and take a look…at a modern-experience team site.…We're here at our marketing team site,…we're signed in as Harold Wandelier,…and Harold is the site owner of this site.…And, one of the first things that we see,…a new feature here, the News section.…And the News section is different…from the News Feed section, in our classic experience.…
The News section allows you to feature items,…pictures, announcements, people, news, website…status updates, here right at the top of your page.…In this particular instance, we see New West End…presentation, it is a PowerPoint presentation.…It's very visual, very eye-catching,…right there for all of your colleagues and co-workers.…Below that, we have the Activity section.…Now, the Activity section shows us…what's happening on our page.…
Who's uploading documents, what they're working on,…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.