Review the different site templates available in SharePoint and take a closer look at a few of the most popular choices.
- [Instructor] There are several different types…of SharePoint sites that we can create.…Now, if you have the expertise and the time,…you can create a SharePoint site…to do pretty much whatever you want,…but most of us don't have that kind of time or expertise,…so Microsoft has given us a number…of site templates that we can use.…When we go ahead and create a group-connected site here,…you'll see that we only have two templates,…our team site, which is the basic,…very popular collaborative site,…and we have a communications site.…The communications site is a great site…for company internet, it's a good way…to push out a lot of information.…
But these are not the only site templates that we have.…Let's go to our marketing team site…and if we wanted to create a subsite,…we would go to Site contents…and in just a second here,…our New button's gonna pop up, there it is,…we click on the New button,…we'll get this dropdown list…and we have Subsite at the bottom.…Now, if you're a site owner, you'll have this option.…So we're gonna click on Subsite…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.