Join Robert Bogue for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Developing SharePoint Full Trust Solutions for SharePoint 2013.
- View Offline
- If you're a premium member, you have access to the exercise files that I use in this course. I have them in a folder here on my desktop. You'll see that they're organized by chapter and we'll tell you which chapter that each of the clips is in. You can go into them and open the solution and the project solution file. It'll open right up. If you're not a premium member, well, you can follow along with your own files.
If you've wanted to learn how to develop custom solutions on SharePoint—or you've been told that you need to develop a solution that integrates with SharePoint—this is the training you need. It's quick, to the point, and effective at helping new developers work with SharePoint code.
Robert Bogue shows how to create new web parts, access and update data in SharePoint, work with files, and create SharePoint artifacts: lists and libraries to store data, site-level features, files, etc. He also shows how to create sandbox solutions that do not affect the rest of the server environment, and discusses execution options for solutions, including in-page, quasi-page, and out-of-page execution.
- Developing a web part
- Connecting and configuring web parts
- Building sandboxed code
- Choosing an access method for SharePoint data
- Querying with CAML
- Fetching files
- Updating SharePoint data
- Creating and provisioning artifacts
- Executing long-running operations
- Tinkering with timer jobs
- Understanding SharePoint execution workflow