There are seven default permission levels in SharePoint. Learn what they are and explore their options and significance in this video.
- We have seven default permission levels in SharePoint,…and in this movie we're gonna take a look at those…and examine them closer…so that we have a better understanding…of what they are and what you can do with them.…We're here on our Landon Hotel Lobby page…and it is the top level site…in a standard site collection.…We're gonna go to our settings here,…click on Site Settings, and…under the Users and Permissions section…we will click on Site Permissions.…From the Site Permissions page you'll see we have…Permission Levels up here at the top on the ribbon.…
We're gonna click there and it shows us…our seven permission levels.…Now the first thing I want you to notice is that…these first five, the little check box left here…is grayed out and these last two,…View Only and Create New Subsites are not.…That's because we don't have these last two available…to us on a group-connected site.…Let's go ahead and let's take a look.…We'll go to our marketing team site,…and this is a group connected site,…and we're gonna click on our Permission Settings.…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.