One the data has been connected, Bill shows you how to edit the queries in Power BI.
- [Instructor] All right, here we are…in our Power BI desktop.…We have connected to our SharePoint online list.…In this video we're going to go ahead and edit the query.…When we look over here to our fields…we see a lot of columns that don't look anything like…what we saw in our SharePoint list.…We need to go ahead and figure out what's going on…and see if we can't clean that up.…We're going to click on the Edit Query button…and it brings up our query window.…As we start to look across we see a whole lot of columns…we don't need.…
There are a bunch of them.…Let's go ahead and start getting rid of them.…I can get rid of them one at a time.…This first one here, File System Object Type.…If I go up here to my Remove Columns, I can click on there…and that'll disappear.…But I don't have to do them one by one.…I don't need this ID, I don't need this Server Redirect.…I don't need any of these first four columns.…I can select them all.…I can hold down my Shift key…and as I click on each of these columns…they will all be highlighted.…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.