In this video see how to edit the interactions between visualizations in a Power BI report.
- [Instructor] All right, we're here on our Power BI desktop…still and we are almost done with our report.…We have one more thing we're going to do…and that is edit the interactions.…What I mean by that is…we know that all of our visualizations…interact with each other.…If I go ahead and select one of the hotels…off of our slicer here…it filters out everything except the information…about that hotel, which is really great.…I can see the labor costs, the total of the labor costs,…the expenses, all of these things…on all of my visualizations.…
The only problem is when I get down here to the matrix,…that's not real useful, is it?…Because of course if we narrow it down to one hotel…100% of the expenses is going to be 100%.…This doesn't really help me.…What I want to do is edit the way the slicer…interacts with the matrix.…We don't want it to interact.…We don't want this slicer to affect our matrix at all.…It's very easy for us to do that.…We're going to make sure that our slicer is selected.…
We're going to go up to the top here to our visual tools.…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.