Join Mark Abdelnour for an in-depth discussion in this video Document version history, part of SharePoint Online: Managing Documents.
- [Instructor] Version history helps keep track…of multiple versions of a document…and allows users to Open, View, and Restore…to previous versions when needed.…Every time a document is modified and then closed,…a new version of that document is automatically generated.…Older versions are not overwritten…and are stored with the file in the same library…rather than a separate location under a different file name.…Let's take a look here in this…Marketing Materials document library.…
There's a file here that I want to check…the Version history for, and it's this one here…called Feedback Form.…In order to see the Version history, we must first…select the file by enabling the check box…to the left of the file name, and then…I can click on these three dots right here,…which are located right next to the version column.…And here, I can click on Version history.…Now, this brings up the Version history…specific to the file that I selected,…and this window indeed does tell a story.…
We can see here that it started at a 0.1 version number…
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Creating and working with documents
- Editing documents
- Sharing files
- Creating document views and document pins
- Searching and filtering
- Exporting to Excel
Skill Level Beginner
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
1. SharePoint Online
2. Create and Work with Documents
3. Document Collaboration
4. Work with Document Views
5. Document Management Hidden Gems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.