In this video, learn about document storage locations in SharePoint 2019. Prior to SharePoint most documents were stored on local or network drives. With SharePoint 2019, you have two additional storage locations: SharePoint document libraries and OneDrive. Documents stored in OneDrive are private by default; documents stored in a team site's library are automatically shared with your colleagues who have access to the site.
- [Instructor] SharePoint 2019 offers…some new options for document storage.…Before we begin working with documents,…let's review where we might…want to store them to be most effective…in our work with our PowerPoint,…Word, Excel, and other application documents.…Prior to SharePoint, we were probably storing…all of our files locally or on a network.…For example, I can store documents locally…in My Documents folder,…and those documents are reserved only to me.…If I want to have someone else look at them,…I need to distribute them by email…or move them somewhere else,…and the somewhere else could be an external drive.…
and the somewhere else could be an external drive.…How many times have you thrown a document on a USB drive…to share with someone else quickly in a meeting…to transfer a document?…It's not the most elegant way to do it.…More elegant is to have a network share a location…where we save documents…and other people will have access…to them, perhaps as editors,…perhaps only on a read-only basis.…Adding SharePoint to the mix totally changes this landscape…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.