Explore the various settings available in a document library.
- [Instructor] We're here in the newly-created…Marketing Plan Documents library…and we wanna go ahead and take a look at the list settings.…We wanna see what other options we have with this library.…Now, it is a modern experience library…and so we are gonna go up here to the upper right corner…and click on the Settings gear…and about halfway down the menu…we will see Library settings.…We click there and it takes us…to our Marketing Plan Documents library settings.…There's a number of things in here that we wanna look at.…The first one is the list name, description, and navigation.…
We're gonna click in there and we see that we have…the name, we can change the name.…We could go ahead and change the description…or add a description.…Not worrying about those…but what we do wanna look at is navigation.…Do we want it to display this document library…on the quick launch?…Well, when we look over here at our quick launch…we see that nowhere is our…Marketing Plan Documents library listed…so let's go ahead and say yes.…We're gonna click there and save it.…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.