Join Mark Abdelnour for an in-depth discussion in this video Document Details pane, part of SharePoint Online: Managing Documents.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to introduce you…to an extremely useful document management feature…in Office 365 SharePoint Online,…and it's called the details pane.…I referenced it briefly in the Uploading Files video,…but we'll spend more time here…diving into its functionality.…So here we are in a document library…called Marketing Materials.…I'm going to go ahead and select a file first…by hovering over the file name…and then enabling its checkbox.…
Now with the file selected,…I'm going to move to the command bar,…and there's a button right over here…with a circle and an i in it.…This is the details pane icon.…Going to go ahead and click on it,…and now we can see we're presented…with quite a bit of information, all specific to this file.…The first thing we see at the top of this window…is a thumbnail preview of the selected file.…Going to scroll down a little bit…to the section called Properties.…These are the properties or metadata…associated with this specific file.…
We also see that we have the ability to edit the metadata,…
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Creating and working with documents
- Editing documents
- Sharing files
- Creating document views and document pins
- Searching and filtering
- Exporting to Excel
Skill Level Beginner
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
1. SharePoint Online
2. Create and Work with Documents
3. Document Collaboration
4. Work with Document Views
5. Document Management Hidden Gems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.