Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting a user from a site, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Removing a user from a SharePoint site is very simple indeed.…We're going to go back to our Site Actions > Site Permissions.…We've got to figure out where they are.…Sometimes that's a little more difficult than you might imagine, because you…could find a certain user being in both the Members group and the Owners group…and the Visitors group.…If a user is in more than one group, they'll get the maximum allowed.…So, you want to be careful when a user might be in different places.…So, I'm going to go into, say, my Members group and see that I've got a group…there called operations. That looks good.…
I'm going to go into my Owners group, and say I've got Heather and myself. That looks fine.…I'm going to go into my Visitors group.…Okay, Gini was in there.…Well, I actually didn't want Gini in there.…It was relevant for a while but not anymore.…It's very simple to remove her.…I'm just going to select her, come across to the Actions option, which says…Remove Users from the Group. Click that one.…Are you sure? Yes, I'm sure.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.