Believe it or not, there may come a time when you no longer use or need a SharePoint subsite. As the site owner, you have the ability to delete those subsites. Instructor Bill shows how to do that in this video.
- [Bill] Believe it or not,…there may come a time when you no longer use…or need a SharePoint subsite.…I know, you're thinking the same thing I am.…What, Bill, when would I never not need SharePoint?…But it is true.…And as the site owner, you have the ability…to go ahead and delete those sites.…Let's go and take a look at how that's done.…We're here on our Human Resources subsite.…It is a subsite of our Marketing Team site…and we created this, actually, in a previous video.…So let's go ahead and take a look…at how to get rid of it.…
If we wanna delete this subsite…and it is a modern experience subsite,…we need to go up here to our Settings gear…and click on Site Information.…Once we're on the Site Information panel,…you'll see at the bottom, we have the option…to Delete the site.…We're gonna click there…and we get this warning,…you're about to delete the following website…and deleting the website will send all the contents…and user information to the site collection Recycle Bin.…Now, what this means is, yes,…you can get the site back if you delete it erroneously.…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.