Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining information management policy, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Now although SharePoint's document libraries do keep track of some information…about what happens to a document such as who it was modified by and what date…it was last modified,…that's usually not enough for a major corporation.…We need a little bit more information than that.…You can do that by defining wants called information management policy, which is…a fairly complex phrase for something that's really not that bad to set up.…I can do this on an individual library.…I am actually going to go my library settings and I have got a section here…called Information Management Policy Settings. Clicking that will take us to…this page that will tell us a bit of information about retention, schedule, and…content type policies.…
We really have no policies at all on this.…The idea is we can define different rules on documents or folders or any other…content type you would define on this library.…I am going to select Document, and after this, what I really get is an…administrative description, a policy statement and then a series of checkboxes.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.