In this video, Bill introduces you to the different data sources you can connect to with Power BI.
- [Instructor] All right, we are now signed…in to our Power BI Services online.…And we're going to, in this video,…show you the different data sources…that we can access through Power BI Services.…I want to do this because it's a little bit different…than we are used to in Power BI Desktop,…and it can be a little bit confusing,…especially when you're trying to get data from SharePoint.…So let's go ahead and we're going to go down here…in the lower left corner, you see the big Get Data button.…We're going to click there,…and it brings us to this section.…
And we have two types, if you will,…of data to bring in.…Microsoft AppSource and Import or Connect to Data.…We're going to start here with Services.…Now Services deal with what's known as content packs.…And content packs basically allow you to connect…to a bunch of services that you might already…be using in your company.…For example, things like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics,…Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, et cetera.…
Let me show you.…We're going to go ahead and click on that.…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.