Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data modeling, part of Creating Quick No-Code SharePoint Business Solutions with Composites.
- Data modeling is a term that you will often hear…in the land of relational databases, where…we’re looking at tables that we need to create,…the columns that are within in that table,…and how they are related.…At this point in your composite…on your team you may want to bring in…whoever it is that’s in charge of your databases…so that they can help you in this process.…But the data modeling that I’m talking about here…is not the same as data modeling…over in a relational database.…
There’s a series of questions which will…lead to other questions, which of course…will lead to other questions.…You need to identify what metadata…that you’re going to need in this composite,…which you know, metadatas are columns.…I’ve worked a number of them in other videos.…You’ll see them going through.…The one that we did earlier, we looked at a proposal…and we added columns in there, name et cetera,…and we also added metadata off of the term store…so that we could easily do tagging.…
So the metadata is going to lead you…into how people will be able to search…
So join Ron Davis as he shows how to get the most out of your SharePoint investment, with SharePoint Composites and some inventive sample business solutions. Ron shows how to gather requirements, use templates, create composites, integrate with Excel and other Office services, and implement solutions for a range of scenarios.
- An introduction to SharePoint's no-code Composites
- Composites life cycle
- Using out-of-the-box and custom workflows
- Using SharePoint site templates
- Working with Access apps
- Integrating with Excel, Power Pivot, and PerformancePoint
- Example business solutions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to SharePoint No-Code Composites
2. Composites Life Cycle
3. Utilizing Workflows
4. Utilizing SharePoint Site Templates
5. Utilizing Access Apps
Using Access templates1m 23s
6. Business Intelligence Integration
7. Business Solutions Implemented with Composites
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.