Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing Search with scopes, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Another way that you can help people find what they're looking for in…SharePoint that really only takes a few minutes is by defining what's called a…custom search scope.…The search scope is the idea of what amount of the indexed search results are we…actually looking at.…And even if you don't have the dropdown search scope box, you're always using a scope.…A lot of the times it's the All Sites scope, which really means everything in…the search index or as much as we're allowed to see of it anyway.…But searching just people is a scope, searching just a particular site is a scope.…
So you can reduce what it is you're looking at by a type of document or by a…location of the document.…Maybe I want to just search documents created in the last 30 days and I'd…like that as a scope.…Maybe, I'd like to just search spreadsheets, maybe I'd like to just search…things created by Bob.…All of these things can be defined as custom scopes and made available in the…search dropdown, so we can change our scope from search to search.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.