Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing Search with keywords, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In just a couple of minutes, you can actually start making your search engine…more useful for the people who are using it.…Let's say, for example, that people are searching for the phrase "training," and…they're getting some results when they search for this phrase, but they're not…getting anything useful.…We're getting generic content here to documents and presentations and other sites.…What we can do is have the ability to inject, you can almost think of them as…like sponsored links, recommended links that people can go to if they're…searching on a particular word or phrase.…
So, right now we're getting a document come back here that doesn't seem to have…anything to do with what we're looking for.…I'm going to go back to my homepage and go to my Site Actions > Site Settings menu.…To change anything to do with search, you need to be a site collection…administrator and you need to be at the top-level site.…If you're there, you will see a section called Search keywords.…The idea of a keyword is first you add a word or a phrase that people are looking for.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.