Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your own workflows with Visio, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you have Microsoft Visio 2010 Premium Edition, you will find there is another…thing you can do with workflow in SharePoint.…In fact, in the flowchart section, you actually have a type of Visio diagram…you can create which is a Microsoft SharePoint workflow and this is not just for looking at it.…It's actually useful for creating it.…If I create that kind of drawing, I will find the options available to me are…the Workflow Actions and Workflow Conditions, the same things I could get in…SharePoint Designer.…
So I could start to actually set out a workflow by starting off with the start…process, then I could ask a condition such as checking if a file was a certain…file size, and performing certain actions such as sending an email, and then…starting to connect those together.…Now, it's not as fully featured as in SharePoint Designer but there is a lot…of use to it, particularly if you are trying to communicate complex workflows to people.…
However, there is a great thing that you can do that kind of ties in the…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.